Green Room

Resources and articles for orchestra members and friends.

Tips for joining an orchestra as an amateur musician:

One of the greatest joys of being able to play a musical instrument is that it affords you the opportunity to make music with others. Joining an orchestra can be an incredibly rewarding and enriching experience.

10 Reasons to Join An Orchestra

Why Community Orchestras are Important

There are over 1,800 orchestras in the US alone. However, only about 20% have professional musicians (source: League of American Orchestras). The other 80% are volunteer or community orchestras made up of musicians who gladly donate their time and efforts to entertain, educate, and inspire their local community.

What Qualities Make for a Desirable Orchestra Member?

Article from Strings Magazine: 10 Leadership Tools I Gained From Playing Violin

Here are some pictures of our 2018/2019 end-of-year-ice-cream-party at Knudsens in Castro Valley.  <click here>. Thank you Theresa!